Your First System

This should be good!!! Most of us have been in this expensive hobby for years now and have worked our way up to components we only dreamed of. I want to know what was your first system of separate components going back as far as you can remember. My first consisted of a Pioneer SX-680 receiver, a Technics SLD-1 turntable (I think that's the right model #), a Sharp tapedeck, and KLH floorstanding speakers. I was 16 at the time and thought I was the biggest badass on the block. Now, 20+ years later I have a ML 334, Meridian 507 CD, CJ PV10A, Canton Ergo 900 speakers, and a Transparent Power Isolator 4. I'm in the process of upgrading to a ML 390. It goes without saying the IC's and speaker cables are top notch as well. I know my system is WAAAYYYYY down the foodchain compared to what I've seen here but It would be interesting to see what everyone started out with.
pcook15
Lafayette receiver
AR 4x speakers
Garrad turntable
Hendrix, Tull, The Beatles, Cream, Doors, etc. etc. never sounded so good. I was hooked...
Lafayette Receiver
Dual 1219 with Stanton cartridge
Large Advent Speakers
Advent Dobly cassette deck
Very first system was in 1991 Sony minisystem. Pretty nice actually.

First system I paid for(1996)consisted of a
Harmon Kardon AVR10 receiver
PSB Alpha Speakers
Yamaha CCD 565 5 disc changer

I loved that stereo so much. Nice warm sound with surprisingly good bass. I got the suggestion from a Details magazine.
I KNEW this would be a good thread. As for me, I paid $300 for that system. My father was FURIOUS that I blew that much $$$ at the time. I was definately hooked after that playing Deep Purple, Hendrix, Doors, all that good stuff. As for my pops, he came over the other week, looked at my current rig and said "Good Lord, that looks expensive, and I'm sure it was!!!" I sat him down, played Evanescence "My Immortal" and he was just speechless and smiling. Enjoy the music!!!
altec lancing receiver with garrard turntable built-in on top and brawn (pre ads )speakers