Which Solid State Amplifier is Making you Happy?

I'm trying to find a new amplifier to replace a Musical Fidelity A3CR. There are lots of candidates: Rowland 501s, Pass Labs 350.5, Levinson 431/432, H2O, etc. What are people using and what has been a good sonic investment? I'm currently driving B&W N803s, so it's a pretty normal load. My MF amp does not offer enough punch or bass control. It flattens out at higher volumes. I'll spend what it takes, new or used. Less than $8K would be nice. All comments welcome.
Peter
pscialli
Class D,T,Ice; power switching amps. Back in 05 I stated the Son of Ampzilla was my favorite. Fast forward to 07, I now have a Class T (Audiosource) 200w/8ohms. It is a better amp, period. Just listen to one, see what you think.
A friend of mine lent me a McIntosh MA-6200 70 wpc which I did not necessarily want to swap out my Carver M-4.0t for, since it was recently refurbished and modded. I loved my Carver.

I also was reluctant as my Gallo Ref. 3.1a's love power and my Carver is 375 wpc where the MAC is 70 wpc.

With prompting I finally did. The Carver is not going back into my system. My Rogue Audio Magnum 99 has to work extra hard to keep my Gallos happy through the MA-6200 (using as amp only). Therefore I am upgrading to a MC-7300. The richness and fullness of the MAC is well, music to my ears.

I have a Rega Saturn and Linn LP12 for sources, play primarily classic rock but enjoy almost everything else on occasion too.

Cheers.
Give a listen to Classe CAM-400 mono-blocks. Depending upon
your tastes in music, they pair very well with the B&W's
in listening I've done. My personal favorites are Edge
amps. As you go up the line, they just keep getting better
in every conceivable way. The G8 meets your price point by
a safe margin new. The massive jump is the NL10.1 or in my
case, the NL12.1's. Both can be had used in or near your
price point if memory serves (A-gon ads I've seen).

I've yet to push the 12.1 I own to the wall or hear it
distort, get grainy, etc.... It has "pits of hell bass"
that is tight and accurate while still delivering
wonderful mids and highs that just go up and up...

My second NL12.1 shows up tomorrow; I'm going to vertically
bi-amp my main L/R speakers. Questions? Let me know....
(Not a dealer, rep or other affiliate, just love their amps)