First Sound Presence mk11 vs Audio Research L.S.25

I am in the process of changing pre-amps, from a Audio Research L.S.25 MK1 to a First Sound Presence Deluxe MK11.
I have not had the chance to demo a First Sound pre yet.
(I HAVE BASED MY DECISION ON DEALER ADVICE, PLUS REVIEWS)
How would you compare the two? Sound quality, noise etc.
My power amp is a Bryston 4BST, VPI SCOUT with Dynovector dv20xh mc cartridge, Audio Research phono pre PH5, Ohm 300 MK11 speakers
Thanks for the advice.
dsremer
You are losing balanced operation aren't U?? That could factor in, if in fact, your AR is bal.
When you say lower floor,do you mean you are getting a low hissing from the speakers?Or something else?Thanks,Bob
Dsremer
Good choice! The FS has NO noise. Amazingly silent. Don't know the AR gear, but the FS (just got one a month or so ago) is amazingly good. The reviews are true. Enjoy it.
No I do not have a audiable hiss, but exposure to different equipment will reveal small differences in noise, etc that we grow use to. The A.R.C. L.S.25 I have had for a while, is a very nice line stage. Now for something different. The audiogon members who own these pre's seem to love them. Hopefully so will I!!
Yes I am giving uo balanced outs but It is a very short run to my power amp and none of my source equipment uses them at this point.
I can't directly comment on the LS 25 versus the Presence Deluxe Mk II, however I have owned the ARC LS15 in the past and currently own the Presence Deluxe Mk II. I would not consider looking back at all, balanced or not. The First Sound Presence Deluxe Mk II bested the ARC LS15 in all areas, IMHO... Keep us posted how it works out for you.