New H20 Signature S250

After reaading a lot of reviews about these amps, i emailed Henry to build me (2) S250 to biamp my speakers, I have an immediate response from him and this is what he say:

Hi Patrick,

The Amps are the Signature Stereo which has an addional Big Toroidal
transfomrer which makes it a true dual mono design, for $300 more which
makes the amp now $2800. Of course, The amp is improved over the
regular stereo across the whole Audio Spectrum. If you want the regular
version stereo, let me know.

Thanks for the number and I'll try to give you a call sometime today.

Henry

Does anyone yet owned this amp?
rneclps
Eldartford, I agree with you regarding the goal being the same level of quality between high end two channel amplification and high end multi-channel amplification. It's getting closer, and perhaps the gap has already closed and is just being discovered. The largest universe of audiophiles doesn't know the answer, but maybe a smaller subset does. From a marketing perspective, it makes more sense to me for the manufacturers of digital amplification to go after the HT crowd to establish a foothold.

I may have extrapolated too far when I read your comment that,"Red Dragon is supposedly working on a multichannel version that I could configure for three channels, which is what I want". I thought this meant you were after ICE amplification for HT application, but perhaps you meant multi-channel music application.
Hi All,

I too have taken the plunge on a Signature S250 this weekend and placed an order with Henry. All the dialog in this thread has been a compelling testament to give this amp a try.
Question I have is what preamp? Currently I run a Levinson 390S directly into my present amp and most recommendations indicate a good pre is required. I have a Proceed PRE sitting on the side that could be used but I gather that will just get me by until I can pick up something better. Requirements are the pre must be truly balanced, doesn't need to have lots of inputs as CD is my only source and must have a remote. I'd like price not to exceed the cost of the amp, if possible :>)
Thanks!
Jman

Before getting a preamp. I would try your 390s balanced direct into the H20. Its low output impedance output should mate very well.

Carlton
The H20 also works well with low capacitance IC.

Icepower does not recommend capacitive load > 470nF, or Quote Icepower data sheet: 'Higher capacitive loads may compromise stability and thus damage the device."