Digital Amp's

Hi All,
I was wondering what everyone thinks of the newer Digital Amps that are becoming more common. I think these Amps are known as Class D amps. Belcanto is one company that seems to be pushing this line, but most seem to be coming from the giants like yamaha and panasonic.

What are the pros and cons of these AMP's over your everyday Class A/AB amp?
Any recommendations or condemnations for digital amps?

Thanks in Advance
dlite
Eldartford,

Muralman mentioned Henry trying to get good sound out of the 1000ASP, and Henry had told me the same. To expand a bit upon what Vince stated above, the key differences between the two ICE modules 500ASP (in H2o can be purchased without power supply) in which case Henry then designed his analog power supply to best integrate with the ICE module.

If memory serves me correct, the 1000ASP ICE module is ONLY shipped from B&O WITH their switching power supply, and from what I have heard and/or read of that ICE module in other amps in reviews it has not compared favorably. This is what Vince referred to from Srajan about the Jjaz amps that use the 1000ASP module. They just don't sound as good. Or at least not *yet* ...

FWIW - I had also listened to/auditioned the Rowland 201 and 501's and didn't find them to be in the same league as the H2o's... YMMV of course.
Say Dlite, read my comments in another thread "New H2O Signature S250".

These amps are the real deal. However, be prepared to break them in for a looong time. That's not so bad really as I found it rather fun to hear how the amp progressed every week or so.

Jeff