Whats a good inexpensive passive pre

I am looking at possibly getting a pair of Quad pro speakers with amps built into each speaker and was wondering if there was any inexpensive passive pre out there $600 or less... Monolithic makes one and so does creek and Luminious Axiom pre......Any others...
thomasahelton
Very impressive performance with my EVS Ultimate Attenuators from Ric Schultz of tweakaudio.com, whose bare bones website hardly does justice to his superb products, and modifications.
You eliminate need for a pair of interconnects, because these insert directly into the amp input jacks. So, $350 gets the job done.
Highly recommendable for a single source, perfectionist, simple signal path system, but you still have to get up from your listening chair (?audiophile aerobics) to adjust the volume controls.
If your key workd is inexpensive regardless of inconvenience, then nothing beats EVS Ultimate attenuators. If you don't want to have to reach behind your amp to change the volume, Creek offers good sound for the value, and so does CI audio, both small units with 2 or 3 inputs and priced under $500. I noticed several good advice regarding the Placette, but that may not be considered inexpensive for some. If you are looking at that price range, you should definitively consider the Sonic Euphoria PLC, which can also be remote controled. I has had very favorable reviews, and looks a lot nicer than the Placette.
Go with the best and consider a Reference Line Preeminence. You should be able to find one used in your price range. It bettered all the high priced active pre-amps used in my system.
EVS Ultimate Attenuators.

I own them and find them a huge bang for the buck. I personally prefer having dual volume controls as I can easily center the soundstage if I shift listening positions.

I also own a Django TVC passive silver wired with S&B transformers. The EVS are one fifth the price and virtually identical performers to my ears.

Best wishes whatever you decide.

jb