Aesthetix Calypso vs ARC LS25 MK2

Looking for insight from folk's who have compared these two pre's either head to head
in the same system (preferably) or experience with both in different systems.

I'm not looking at any other pre's at this time,
so please don't muddy up the thread with other pre's I should consider.

Thanks in advance...
perfectionist
>>Well it looks like another thread run amuck with ARC bashers, what is with you people? <<

Hold on Sparky. It was YOU who initiated the thread if I'm not mistaken. YOU asked for folks (not folk's by the way) who have had experience with the ARC and Aesthetix. Don't raise a fuss because you don't like the message.

PS Go for the Calypso :-)
Thanks for all the kind words from all you folks (not folk's).

At least I've got the balls to list my system for all to see and not keep it under wraps like some military secret. I find it difficult to take serious advice from people who won't list their system so I can have a look and see if I think they're full of it or perhaps they now their stuff.
Point well taken Perfectionist. Yet it is not because of any dissociative mental disorder that I have omitted to post my own system, but only because of terminal laziness. I have just created a personal system thread of sorts at:
http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?aamps&1123254379&openmine&zzGuidocorona&4&5#Guidocorona
Please do feel free to visit. Thanks, Guido
"Magnepanmike, can you give a little more insight as to why you feel the MK2 is SS sounding? An example of the system/music and time spent with it perhaps?"

I was using a LS 16 mk1 for 2 years when I purchased a LS25 mk2. I had the both units in my system for about two weeks before I purchased a Ref 2 mk1. (Owned all three units for a month or so before I started selling them off). I felt the LS25 mk2 was very detailed, crisp and clean and fast. Very good pace. Sound seemed to come from the front of the speakers and was very direct, not "layed back". Showed signs of fatique after several hours of listening though. The LS16 mk1 sounded layed back, not as crisp and clean although had lots of bloom. Very easy on the ears.... The LS 16 mk1 was not as crisp. The LS25 mk2 had very little bloom. (I actually like the Pass Labs X-1 better than the LS 25 mk2 as it was more layed back. I ended up with the Ref 2 mk1.....

As you can see I prefer my system to be more layed back than forward. I like the bloom of the 6922 tubes vs. the 6h30's. I have never tried the Calypso, so I really can not comment on that unit, however as you know it gets very high marks..... I'm also not saying that ARC makes the best products out there, it's just that they must be doing something right...... Alot of them are sold, yes, however alot of them are purchased.... It's a matter of economics.

Wish you good luck. (System: ARC 100.2; ARC Ref 2 mk1; ARC CD1 w/DAC5; Maggie 1.6's; sub - cables - power conditioner... yada yada yada)

Guidocorona & Magnepanmike,

Thanks for keepin' it real, and civil.
Both of your detailed descriptions are most insightful, helpful and appreciated.

Comments from others still welcome...