Solid state "backup" amp recommendation

Too hot to run my BAT VK-75SE all day on weekend during summer, like to have a solid state amp to fill that job instead. Will be a "backup" amp to my BAT, so can't spend a fortune on it. Budget can be $1k to $2.5k, it's a big range I know. Another criteria is XLR input so I don't need an adaptor.

Have tried Pass X-350, Rowland 8TiHC, McCormack DNA-2 Deluxe, Accuphase P-450, Levinson 331, Forte 4A and many others in the past, favorite was Forte for its musical and tube like sound especially considering its price. But I would like a little more power not to mention something newer for peace of mind.

Amps I am considering, Pass X-250, BAT VK-200/500, Classe CAM-200. What will you vote for? I am leaning toward Pass. Anything else I should consider?
semi
I much enjoy Classe CAM 200's with Avalon speakers. Slightly short of the power I like, but pretty darn musical and nice extension.
Ok, very diversed suggestions so far.

The 3 candidates I menioned above are safe bets, amps like Channel Island (or NuForce for that matter) are amps of the future and I am not sure if I am ready for the future :) Had a PS Audio HCA-2 before, though pleasant sounding it fell short on refinements. NuForce received raved reviews everywhere except Apogee forum where sub 1 ohm torture test on Scintilla nearly destroyed the NuForce. If I am old fashioned enough to use tubes, I can live with MOSFET or BJT.

McIntosh MC-122? Can't find one on Audiogon right now.
Semi, I'm not going to beat this to death, but I use a VAC Phi 110/110 tube amp, and I listened to the 70wpc NuForce amps in my system...along with the D100 amps. I think the D100 are worth a listen if you are even a tiny bit interested. Channel Islands audio offers a money back guarantee (minus a 10% restocking fee).