Solid state "backup" amp recommendation

Too hot to run my BAT VK-75SE all day on weekend during summer, like to have a solid state amp to fill that job instead. Will be a "backup" amp to my BAT, so can't spend a fortune on it. Budget can be $1k to $2.5k, it's a big range I know. Another criteria is XLR input so I don't need an adaptor.

Have tried Pass X-350, Rowland 8TiHC, McCormack DNA-2 Deluxe, Accuphase P-450, Levinson 331, Forte 4A and many others in the past, favorite was Forte for its musical and tube like sound especially considering its price. But I would like a little more power not to mention something newer for peace of mind.

Amps I am considering, Pass X-250, BAT VK-200/500, Classe CAM-200. What will you vote for? I am leaning toward Pass. Anything else I should consider?
semi
Try Bel Canto eVo2. It comes with balanced I/O and run extremely cool.
Or if you prefer tube like warmth, Naim NAP 250.2.

They both have spacious midrange and run cool, albeit both need relatively easy speaker load to shine.
I can't imagine why you'd want to have a superior amp for half the year and an inferior amp the other half.

I won't say which is which, but why not just buy a better replacement amp, be done with it, and save a few grand in the process?

-IMO
Thanks for the fine suggestions so far.

Heat is part of the reason I need a solid state, the other part is playing music all day on weekend for background really does not justify using the BAT. On top, I have gone thru more amps than listed above and I can honestly say I can NOT live with a solid state as my primary amp. So as good a suggestions as Stehno's is, solid state can only be my "backup" amp. In fact, I had VK-150 and had to downsize to single amp due to heat issue.

I have not heard the newer and better switching power amps like H2O and NuForce, so I don't know what I am missing. But those amps are still relatively new in technology I rather wait a couple more years before I commit big bucks on those.

So BAT VK-200 runs very hot like Pass? So hot you can't rest your hand on the unit for more than a second?
Semi,

I have to second TVAD on the CI Audio and NuForce "new technology" amps. I purchased both as a backup to my Antique Sound Labs 1009 tube monoblocks. I've since sold the ASLs.

The CI Audio amps are based on the Hypex UCD chip which is widely available, and Dusty at Channel Islands has a long track record of providing high quality, reliable products at a fair price.

The NuForces are based on proprietary technology, and may be a little further out on the "risk/reward" curve for you. That said the NuForce folks have a great product on their hands and continue to refine their amps based on real customer feedback; imagine that!

My suggestion is purchase both, try them in your system, and return one or both at the end of 30 days.

Best of luck in your search!