Solid state "backup" amp recommendation

Too hot to run my BAT VK-75SE all day on weekend during summer, like to have a solid state amp to fill that job instead. Will be a "backup" amp to my BAT, so can't spend a fortune on it. Budget can be $1k to $2.5k, it's a big range I know. Another criteria is XLR input so I don't need an adaptor.

Have tried Pass X-350, Rowland 8TiHC, McCormack DNA-2 Deluxe, Accuphase P-450, Levinson 331, Forte 4A and many others in the past, favorite was Forte for its musical and tube like sound especially considering its price. But I would like a little more power not to mention something newer for peace of mind.

Amps I am considering, Pass X-250, BAT VK-200/500, Classe CAM-200. What will you vote for? I am leaning toward Pass. Anything else I should consider?
semi
Semi,

As Pdreher says,the VK200 does indeed run hot. You may be able to touch the top of the case, but the heatsinks will definitely give you permanent waffle fingers, heheh.

If the newer Pass Labs amps runs hot as well, I'd consider the CI Audio monoblocks as Tvad suggests.

Let us know what you decide on!
>>I can't imagine why you'd want to have a superior amp for half the year and an inferior amp the other half.<<

Amen. Seems to me that a room A/C and/or whisper fans are less expensive than a sonically inferior back up sand amp. However if you have an extremely difficult load you're stuck with solid state or digital.
Semi
My situation is identical to yours. In my main system I am using Joule Electra Heaven’s Gate mono amps & Joule Preamp which heats the room up to sauna like conditions in the summer even with central air. For summer use I use a BAT VK 200 with a BAT 5i preamp. It does get a bit warm but nowhere near the heat of the Joules. The room stays comfortable. In my second system I use Pass Aleph 2 mono amps, same problem, these might even get hotter than the Joules but it’s a close call. For the summer/fall months I use a VAC PA80/80 tube amp (KT88s) which does no throw off all that much heat. Anyway this set-up works very to solve my summer heat problems.

Gjrad
Ok, you guys are making a difficult decision more difficult. Before posting, I thought listing out the safe bets will help me narrow my choices but instead I now have more options than ever.

Fortunately, I am open minded and NuForce does have a demo unit out here in SF Bay Area. But if a BAT VK-200 showed up on Audiogon at a good price, I will still go for it.

I travel to Japan & Taiwan often, Usher (Taiwan) has a very good amp R-1.5 that mimics the older Threshold for very little money. But I can't figure out how to transport a 90lb amp back here as a luggage w/o paying stiff penalty.
Try a Plinius SA102 used on the 'Gon for ~$2500

Great sounding amp, and you can use the 'Class A vs class A/B' switch, very versatile.

May even give your bat a run for its money in many areas! Definitely freq. extremes and dynamics.