Guitar Alphabet. Please fill out unused letters...

I've just got an idea of creating the short guide to rock and jazz guitar players. So you will see that it's sorted by guitarist's last name in ascending alphabet order. Than I provide an information about the band he/she had been playing. You will see in caps the most respected guitarists on my list. Also there should be one or two bands or credits that he/she had been playing with. Please feel also free to add to the letters that already have one or more guitarists.

Here we go:

A -- AKKERMAN JAN / Focus
B -- Bruce Jack / Creme
-- Beck Jeff
-- BELEW ADREAN / King Crimson
-- BUCKETHEAD / Praxis, Guns and Roses.
-- BERLIN JEFF /
C -- Clapton Eric / Creme
-- Corryell Lary
-- Creme Lol / 10CC
D -- DiMeola Al
E --
F -- FRIPP ROBERT / King Crimson
-- FRITH FRED / Company
G -- GUNN TRAY / King Crimson
-- Godley Kevin / 10CC
H -- HOLDSWORTH ALLAN /
-- Hacket Steve / Genesis
-- Howe Steve / Yes
-- Hendrix Jimi
-- Hammill Peter / Van Der Graaf Generator
-- Hall Jim
I --
J -- JOHNES PERCY / Brand X
-- Johnes John Paul / Led Zeppelin
K -- KARN MICK / Japan
-- KAROLI MICHAEL / Can
L --
M -- MANZANERA PHIL / Roxy Music
-- McLaughlin John / Mahavishnu
-- METHENY PAT / Pat Metheny Group
N -- Nelson Bill
O --
P -- POHJOLA PEKKA
Q --
R -- RIPDAL TERJE
S -- Nicky Scopelitis / Material
-- Stern Mike
-- Sylvian David / Japan
-- Sharp Elliot
T -- TORN DAVID
U -- UBU PERE
V -- Vai Steve / Motley Crue
W -- Wobble Jah
X --
Y -- Yamanashi / California Guitar Trio
Z -- ZAPPA FRANK
128x128marakanetz
Four more K's--Leo Kottke, Phil Keaggy, Ritchie Kotzen, Greg Koch. I didn't see Paul Gilbert either--might have missed his name in other posts. Also Greg Howe. Now if you REALLY want some spaced out but killer guitar playing, check out Steve Hillage's older stuff--"L", "Motivation Radio", "Fish Rising". Interesting to see Bill Nelson in your post. One of the MOST underrated guitar players of all time in my opinion. Check out 'Adventures in a Yorkshire Landscape' on the Live in the Air Age CD (or cool white vinyl LP from mid 70's). Oh yeah, Brian May.
Believe it or not I've read all of your great responces and certainly will continue my list on the paper. I know that I've even forgot to include many that I know such as BB King, Les Paul... I've even included some basists deliberately since I know they qualify for the guitar players as well and one of them is Percy Johnes that plays synth- 6-string fretless bass as solo in Brand-X.

I'm sorry Sean for not capitalizing Jimi Hendrix. I do consider him as an "idol" who's spirit lives in bunch of crafty guitarists. But after him there are his followers that stepped over grabbing and "amplifying" his techniques and then applying them to the modern times making the kind of evolution: FRANK ZAPPA, MICHAEL KAROLI, JAN AKKERMAN.

I've forgot to bring in my personally known guitarist Torsten DeWinkel who's founded NYJG band. You have to try hard to find this band on Tower Records but sometimes it shows up on cdnow.com.

Did Bob Dylan play solo guitar?
Some pretty good K's, Volker Kriegel, Steve Khan, Mike Keneally, Ryo Kawasaki and Jackie King also put out some fine stuff. Geez,I must have no life: John Abercrombie, Neal Akchote, Coste Apetera, Toto Blanke, Gary Boyle, Michael Brook, Roman Bunka, Raoul Bjorkenheim, Jean Paul Bourelly, Phillip Catherine, David Chastain, Ed Cherry, Nels Cline, Tim Crowther, Warren Cuccurullo, Dick Dale, Buck Dharma, Christy Doran, Matthias Eklundh,James Emery, John Etheridge, Bernard Falaise, David Fiuczynski, Reeves Gabrels, Rory Gallagher, Ax Genrich, John Goodsall, Ollie Halsall, Radim Hladik, Tsuneo Imahori(Tipographica),Richard Johnson, Mike Johnson (Thinking Plague), Shawn Lane, Gary Lucas, Rene Lussier, Frank Marino, Thurston Moore, Phil Miller, Roger Miller(Birdsongs of the Mesozoic), Houcshang Nedjapour (Guru Guru, Eiliff), Leif Ostman (Panta Rei), Buzz Osborne (Melvins),Glen Phillips, Richard Pinhas, Chris Poland, Tony Purrone, Robert Quine, Vernon Reid, Marc Ribot, Brandon Ross, Ulrich Roth, Blues Saraceno, G.E. Stinson, Max Sune Miroslav Tadic, Ron Thal, Steve Tibbets, Steve Topping, Jukka Tolonen, James Ulmer, Pierre Vervloesem (X-Legged Sally), Jack West, Andreas Willers, Peter Wollbrandt, Ron Eberhard Young, Neal Zaza, Atilla Zoller.
PS Pekka Pohjola and Percy Jones are (great) bassists. Hope none of the hundreds of other great guitarists who must be rabidly reading this thread will be upset not to have been named.
I've got pretty big L too that I've forgot to mention(shame of me!) ARTO LINDSAY a former member of Lounge Lizards.
No is the pretty big R with MARK RIBOT that is also member of Lounge Lizards.
To answer Marakanetz query about Dylan and lead guitar.
Dylan was obviously a folk-based guitarist to start with despite returning to his rock n' roll roots circa'64 subsequently he always allowed his main guitarist of the time to play lead (Robbie Robertson in the main)until '76 during the Hard Rain era (Mick Ronson played guitar)when he started playing lead,which at the time he really couldn't do that well.
It's something that's never left him since then and despite having noticably better guitarists throughout the years-G.E Smith and now Charlie Sexton(awesome lead player)and Larry Campbell he still likes to play lead,sometimes a lot certainly the last few years have seen him play more than possibly ever before.
Whilst he has improved and can occassionaly do some brilliant stuff,it's fair to say he is not a top class player.
I saw him twice recently and he played lead a fair bit despite obviously being constantly outplayed by Sexton and Campbell.
If you wanted to analysis it,it could be said that '76 heralded a time when he felt he couldn't deal with the confusion he had in his life via words (totally at least)and tried using his own sonics although sonics had been part of his live sound since '66.
Of course Dylan's genius has never been on the technical level-I think he has an amazing voice but it's not a technical purist voice likewise he is often derided by fellow musicians as not being technically that great a musician and yet he has produced music in his field light years ahead of his contempories.....
I wouldn't have him on this list anymore than Springsteen and Springsteen's obviously a better guitarist.