Name three of yours the most favourite drummers

I nominate the following

1. Mark Nauseef
2. Ginger Baker(yeah, the erly one!)
3. Jackie Liebezeit
128x128marakanetz
Rosstaman, I could say the same for you as a Beatles lover... :-) Nobody - and I mean nobody - moved it like Ringo! And no other drummer in pop music has ever composed distinctively memorable drum parts for *songs* as effectively, period. But as if that weren't enough for all you 70's-head goofballs, he single-handedly created, for better or worse, the prototypical isolated and damped drum sound that changed forever the way drums were played and recorded in the studio beginning in that decade. I'd take listening to one redolent snare hit, one stomping bass kick, one beat-pushing half-opened hi-hat, or one sublimely earthy crashed ride played with meaning by Ringo over the entire career outputs of most of the wankers listed above...

Daune, as usual, your tastes are so catholic, cosmopolitan, and unfortunately obscure, that I can't say a word a'gin' ya! So I'll just say that I've seen Jim Black, and he's a great artist (even if I didn't dance).

Alright, now I need to continue my list from above, if only in a vain attempt to counteract this bemoanable tide of white-boys-can't-dance click-track hydraulic-heads replete with their splash cymbals and roto-toms - put these in your double bass drums and smoke 'em:

Benny Benjamin, Levon Helm, Dannie Richmond, Clem Burke, Howard Grimes, Dennis Thompson, Hugh Grundy, Philly Jo Jones, John Maher, Diamond Williams, Tommy Ardolino, Hugo Burnham, Prince Rogers Nelson, Marc Bell, Jody Stephens, Sam Lay, Jim McCarty, Jerry Allison, Philthy Phil Taylor (threw this in just for you guys as the only acceptable use for those double bass drums :-), Rick Buckler, Dickie Harrell, Doug Clifford, Bobby Elliott...and, lest any of you misunderestimate just how much I truly can't abide Neil Peart (not that half his self-proclaimed fans seem to know how to spell his name) and his ilk, Mr. Sandy Nelson!!

P.S. - Clamps2000: You were almost da man, but Mickey Dolenz was the actor playing the drums in The Monkees... :-)
Jack DeJohnette
Tony Williams
"Philly" Joe Jones
Honorable Mention..David Garabaldi
I could go on and on but won't.
Hey Zaik, never been accused of being anywhere near catholic before... maybe I won't have to meet the little red man w/ the pointy stick after all. Here are a few more Ringo wannabes that deserve mention:

Ian Moseley (Was great in Wolf)

Pierre van der Linden (Focus, Trace)

Pip Pyle (National Health, Hatfield and the North)

Jon Hazilla

Chester Thompson (kicked arse w/Zappa)

Kenny Wolleson (New Klezmer Trio, Zorn)

SteveMcCall (Henry Threadgill,Air)

Don Moye (Art Ensemble of Chicago, Leaders)
That was small "c" Duane. Don't worry though - only they get the pointy stick! (We get