Name three of yours the most favourite drummers

I nominate the following

1. Mark Nauseef
2. Ginger Baker(yeah, the erly one!)
3. Jackie Liebezeit
128x128marakanetz
All three absolutely phenomenal.

I would have to add Steve Gadd and Buddy Rich and Billy Cobham to the list as well.

Had the opportunity to see Steve Smith's Buddy's Buddies at a small club in Chicago once. It was his tribute to Buddy Rich, complete with two of Buddy's bandmembers, Steve Marcus and Andy Fusco. It was a show I'll never forget. Unfortunately you will never see this group again, because a couple of months after the show Steve Marcus, one of Buddy Rich's sax men died. That guy could blow!

Best,
Ron
If forgot Kofi Baker! Yes, Kofi not Ginger.

Kofi is Gingers son and can this guy crank! He has a totally out front lead style that fits in with one of the best progressive jazz fusion bands on the planet, Chris Poland's OHM. All of these guys rock out to the max, and Kofi's style drives them to frenetic levels. If you are into heavy progressive rock/jazz, they can't be missed!

Ron
I was a big Kofi Baker fan based on the Jonas Hellborg Abstract Logic disc and one night stumbled into an Ohm show... figured they'd smoke pretty good based on their 1st disc. This was different... the drums were even better (dangerous level 5 tornado s**t), seemed like it must be new drummer. Then they broke into an exceptionally glandular section off Hellborg's Abstract Logic, it had to be and was Kofi Baker proving that he has few peers.