Name three of yours the most favourite drummers

I nominate the following

1. Mark Nauseef
2. Ginger Baker(yeah, the erly one!)
3. Jackie Liebezeit
128x128marakanetz
Try Brian Blade, and a not very well known drummer with shockingly good technique, Jojo Mayer, who started doing some very interesting live drum and bass music in the 90s in NYC(I hate synthesized music, and love watching Jojo play, so don't let this scare you away if you are like me). Check out the videos on youtube of Mayer playing at the 2005 Drummer World Show.
Neil Peart of Rush
Ceasar Z. of Golden Earring. Vastly underrated, one of the best and looks like he's having fun.
Keith Moon of The Who.
Buddy Rich - met him after a concert when I was 17 and he was actually cool. Gave me a couple of pointers and signed my ticket stub. Still have it. There's just none finer except maybe...

Carl Palmer - when I can't follow along at all you are good... very good

Bernard Purdie - The amazing shuffle beat that ate the world whole, spit it out and started again.

Steve Gottlieb - a remarkable cymbal technique

Dave Grohl - best of the modern hard hitters
Stewart Copeland of the Police has the most distinctive style of drumming that I have ever heard. Keith Moon was also a great drummer with a very unique style all his own. Don Brewer of Grand Funk was a superb powerful drummer and should not be overlooked. Check out some of those old Grand Funk drum solos. The guy was remarkable!
Dave Grohl - best of the modern hard hitters

I agree with your taste - especially Dave Grohl - innovative.