Cowboy Junkies

Heard of them for years. Finally, today, just finished listening to the Trinity Sessions cd. I'm freakin out. Can't believe these guys. Do they get better than this? This is an early album, obviously. Their first? Where do I go from here? Thanks in advance. peace,
warren
128x128warrenh
As a Cowboy Junkies fan also, I think they peaked artistically in the region of Caution Horses and Black Eyed Man. It's been downhill ever since, not precipitously but steadily. The last time I saw them in concert a little over a year ago, I didn't enjoy it much. Sad but that's the way it seems to go; they run out of good ideas and then try to "expand their horizons" or whatever it is they do at that point. Still, their earlier work is exceptional. So I guess my recommendation is to just go in chronological order until you start getting disappointed, then stop. As an aside, get the album "Poet", a tribute to Townes Van Zandt that they do one song on. An excellent album in its own right.
I'm with Karls. Earlier stuff very good IMO, but I'd even consider stopping at "Caution Horses" (# 3).

BTW, "Whites Off Earth Now" is their first, and it's musically good, IMO. Little more bluesy feel to it, I'd say.
Karl, that ideal makes a whole lot of sense. After Trinity Sessions, what's the chronological order of their stuff, particulary Caution Horses, Mile from...Lay it Down, The Radio One...., Black Eyed... Thanks in advance. Warren
I like em, I love em, all of them, haven't hear open.

The Trinity Sessions was recorded on a DAT.
If you listen very closely on Mining for Gold, you can hear the air handler in the background, birds, taffic etc. Interesting recording.

They are definately a love em or leave em band. My wife leaves em just fine.

To each their own,

jeff