Steely Dan - New release / June 10th

Are there any other huge Steely Dan fans out there anxiously awaiting the new release "Everything Must Go"?

I really liked "Two Against Nature" due to the heavy jazz influence on it and I have heard two tracks from the new album. One entitled "Blue Beach" sounds very good. This should provide a nice soundtrack for the summer of '03.

Comments?
128x128gerryn
When Two Against Nature first came out I was able to find a U.K. pressing limited edition, which sounds good but has just a slight bit of noise pressed into it, not the best ie virgin vinyl I've heard. I remember when Donald Fagen's 2nd solo album came out in the early 90's and for only a very brief period you could buy U.K. LP pressings of it and then it disappeared, I'm still kicking myself for not having had picked that one up. I have all the Dan albums on vinyl, usually two copies, domestic and import, with which to compare. The best by far are the MFSL 1/2 speeds, Asia and Katy Lied. You should, with much patience, be able to buy mint import copies from japan, UK or Germany on Ebay. Just make sure they are described as 'mint' and not 'excellent'... I've been buying import pressings on ebay for 3 years now and very rarely have had a problem.
My local Record shop just told me (after talking with his distributor) that Warner Brothers is releasing it on CD, DVD-A and a "special limited" 2 disc CD/5.1 DVD but, has no plans for release on vinyl. This is only applicable to U.S. releases.
Only one thing I can say about Steely Dan, I wish they would have put out more albums! It's my favorite music any time of the day or night.
OK, I posted on this some time ago but no one knew anything then with respect to vinyl. I found a place in Germany that is taking preorders for the vinyl.

http://www.vinylnet.de

Be VERY careful to ask about shipping costs, though! It helps to know your German. Some of thier site if "auf Englisch" but not everything. Don't say I did not warn you if you are not specific with them before giving CC number.
One is also supposed to be able to order this through diversevinyl.com but I can never get the link to work. UPDATE: you can go to

[url]www.diversevinyl.com[/url]

to preorder but the site has moved recently, is unstable, and slower than the mind of an inbred child.

I do know it is a German pressing on the Warner label, as opposed to Two Against which is on Giant

If you're not in a big hurry, hang in there. EIL.com, among others, will have it listed soon.

Xiekitchen, if you're taling about KAMAKIRIAD, it isn't too hard to find. Bought the UK copy from a US dealer the other day still sealed for $20. The guy had it listed under Steely Dan instead of Fagen, though, so it pays to sift carefully.

And for those who are not aware, the boys are touring this summer with tickets for several venues already on sale. Got mine for three dates! Get yours before they be gone!