Who's Your Favorite Bass Players; Why?

I like Paul Chambers for his groove and arco. Sam Jones for his Time. Rufus Reid becaues he taught me. Jaco because of the absolute passion. Christian McBride because he's the MAN righ now--and he's the director of the Brubeck Institute at the University of the Pacific, which is my Alma Mater; Ron Carter because of everything he's recorded; George Maraz because of his soul; Richard Davis because of his intensiity; Reggie Workman due to his authenticity; Lonnie Plaxico because of his work with he Jazz Messengers; Scott LaFaro--BECAUSE HE'S THE BEST! (Eddie Gomez and Chuck Isreal are cool, too!). Who're you 'un?
crazy4blues
Yes Ray Brown,but also Keter Betts,he can be heard on the Junior Mance cd,'Blue Mance'.Awesome.
There is a very good bass player named Michael Manring that I like; he started out as the session bass player for the Windham Hill label and has played on several of Patty Larkin's albums among others; I have his solo CD "The Book of Flame" and it is really outstanding. I noticed somebody mentioned John Entwistle; I have a solo album of his called "Too Late the Hero" where he plays with Joe Walsh; he will be sourly missed on the upcoming Who tour. Also love Victor Wooten.
There is a very good bass player named Michael Manring that I like
Manring is outstanding in a trio called "Attention Deficit", with guitarist Alex Skolnick (Testament), and drummer Tim "Herb" Alexander (Primus). These guys are phenomenal.

Another great band with killer bassist Mike Watt (Minutemen, Firehose) is Banyan, which includes drummer Stephen Perkins (Jane's Addiction), guitarist Nels Cline, and trumpet player Willie Waldman. Talk about groovin'!
There's a couple of great bass players from Brazil that I like, Marcelo Maia, who reminds me of Jaco Pastorius, and Zoos Moussawer, who compares with Victor Wooten and Steve Bailey. I also admire Andre Vasconcello, who plays on Phil DeGreg's album "Brasilia".