Female Vocalist like Diana Krall, Jacintha.

Fellow Audiogoners,

Please give me suggestions to female vocalists in the similar styles as Diana Krall, Jacintha, Holly Cole (when she sings slower songs) , Karen Carpenter and Patricia Barber (when she does slower songs). Someone that does not have a deep a voice. I have tried Nora Jones but I do not like the heavy blues influence. I can live with Alison Krause occasionally due to country beat.

I listen to classical most of the time but am beginning to enjoy some light jazz female vocals.

Thanks.

Aaron
auaarons
dinah washington--oo la la Madeleine Peyroux great chords for a white girl. sounds like billie's twin. Cassandra wilson and diane reeves. No offense, but Krall doesn't have a voice for my taste. However, she does have style. I'm not nuts about Ricki Lee Jones, but Pop Daddy is a KILLER recording of intimate, lovely, singing. Cassidy: now there's a voice. Sarah, ella, billie AND Anita O'day--get the right recordings and go to heaven. Holy Cole?-Temptation is the album. Her others are mediocre. Perhaps it's the Tom Waits material. Go figure. Can't listen to her for too long. Deedee Bridgewater- amazing. Also, check out Cesaria Evora. Let me stop here. You gots enough to keep your tympanics busy for awhile. peace, warren.
I love the voices of Diana Krall, Edith Piaff, Barbara Streisand, Patricia Barber, Karen Carpenter, Natalie Cole, Peggy Lee... Each female singer they have their own talented style. In Jazz, I think Diana Krall and Patricia Barber are the best female vocal jazz whereas Peggy Lee has her best voice in classic jazz.
dinah washington--oo la la Madeleine Peyroux great chords for a white girl. sounds like billie's twin. Cassandra wilson and diane reeves. No offense, but Krall doesn't have a voice for my taste. However, she does have style. I'm not nuts about Ricki Lee Jones, but Pop Daddy is a KILLER recording of intimate, lovely, singing. Cassidy: now there's a voice. Sarah, ella, billie AND Anita O'day--get the right recordings and go to heaven. Holy Cole?-Temptation is the album. Her others are mediocre. Perhaps it's the Tom Waits material. Go figure. Can't listen to her for too long. Deedee Bridgewater- amazing. Also, check out Cesaria Evora. Let me stop here. You gots enough to keep your tympanics busy for awhile. peace, warren.
Try Susannah McCorkle. Her interpretations of the jazz standards are unique. It is a tragedy that she is no longer with us.