Female Vocalist like Diana Krall, Jacintha.

Fellow Audiogoners,

Please give me suggestions to female vocalists in the similar styles as Diana Krall, Jacintha, Holly Cole (when she sings slower songs) , Karen Carpenter and Patricia Barber (when she does slower songs). Someone that does not have a deep a voice. I have tried Nora Jones but I do not like the heavy blues influence. I can live with Alison Krause occasionally due to country beat.

I listen to classical most of the time but am beginning to enjoy some light jazz female vocals.

Thanks.

Aaron
auaarons
With respect to today's jazz vocalists, I agree wholeheartedly with the Tierney Sutton recommendation. Paula West is another, but her self-produced CDs are hard to find, although I've seen "Temptation" on amazon in the past. I also like Christine Tobin a lot, but her CDs are not available in the US, although I've bought two through amazon.co.uk. Tobin is more in the Patricia Barber mold, but perhaps more eclectic than Barber.

Stacey Kent and Diana Krall just don't do it for me...sorry.
I think Diana Krall is way overrated personally. I really enjoy Joni Mitchell's 2000 release, Both Sides Now.

I'm also a big Dinah Washington fan - also try Abbey Lincoln.
Melissa Errico. While simply browsing at my local Tower Records, I picked up this artist's cd "Blue Like That" without any knowledge of her. It turned out to be a very pleasant surprise and quite enjoyable. Good recording too.
Here's another vote for Lizz Wright. Just discovered she's on Joe Sample's outsiding CD the The Pecan Tree.