what are you listening to lately?

I'd like share some of my more recent favorite finds in hopes that others will share some of theirs....thanks for looking & sharing.

Solomon Burke-Don't give up on me
My Morning Jacket- It still moves
Peter Wolf-Sleepless
Eastmountainsouth-self-titled
Derek Trucks Band-Soul Serenade (& his last, Joyful Noise)
Lizz Wright-salt
Kathleen Edwards-Failer
128x128pehare
Richard Buckner - "Bloomed" and "Devotion and Doubt" (a friend introduced me to this Vancouver - Canuck - artist recently and haven't been able to stop listening to his stuff)
The other stuff I've listened to today has not been new to me, but may be to you:

"Achirana", Vassilis Tsabropoulos -outstanding jazz trio on ECM - GREAT recording too.

Innocence Mission, "Umbrella" - longtime favorite band of mine

Schumann, Fantasiestucke Op. 12, Emannuel Ax, RCA Red Label LP

Marco
Slipknot1,

Do you have the remastered Filmore? It sounds better, also there is a part in whipping post were someone yells out "play all night", that's me when I was 15. Good stuff you are listening to.

I have been doing a lot of listening to Mark Knopflers Sailing to Philly CD, YoYo Ma, some JT, the brothers every day, crank up them there Les Pauls, Jimi talking to me, Danny Gatton the best guitarist ever period, just go listen to Crusin' Deuces CD., Eric Johnson, Ronnie Earl & Tyner over the last few weeks.

Happy Listening.
New John Mayer, Michael Penn, Jack Johnson, White Stripes, Roy Hargrove, John Coltrane.
Bigkidz,
Thanks for the compliment. The "Fillmore" remaster is on the "to buy" list. I can hear someone yelling "play all night" on the rippin' "You Don't Love Me" though. If that's you, you were one lucky SOB to be at that humdinger of a show. My only claims to the musical hall of fame is the top of my head appearing over my older cousin's left shoulder on the August 1989 cover of "Life" commemorating the 20th anniversary of Woodstock. I was only 12 or 13 at the time, so the musical memories are rather vague. I do however, have Summer Jam at Watkins Glenn forever etched in my brain stem. Featuring The Band, The Allmans, and The Grateful Dead.
"Sailing" is a remarkable, yet under-rated album, as is "Soundtrack From Local Hero".

Pehare,
Sorry. I didn't mean to hijack the thread.
Slipnot1,

Sorry, that is the one. That is the master piece that made me go out and buy a Les Paul and Marshall and learn how to paly the geetar. I now have 30 with 5 being Les Pauls.

Slipnot1 if you are in the NYC area, we'll go see the brothers next year at the Beacon together. I'll buy the tickets.

Happy Listening.