Peter Gabriel and music like his

Hello,

I'm a big fan of Peter Gabriel and his music in every aspect. Do any of you know of well-recorded musical styles like his whether female or male. Thanks.
canucks0
Hasn't anyone recommended any other artists on Peter's own Real Wolrd label? I REALLY liked the Adrian Sherwood release titled Never Trust A Hippy. Great world-beat/ethnic/dub instrumentals. Very trippy and superbly produced by Sherwood. Another few great Real World releases are by Jocelyn Pook. She produced that spooky ritualistic music used by Kubrick during the masked sex ball scene in Eyes Wide Shut. Her work is more classically based with electronics with sometimes operatic vocals. Impeccable production again.
Canucks0, you pose a tough question. I saw your post a few days ago and did not know how to respond. Not sure I'll do well now either...

I am a big fan of Peter Gabriel music from throughout his career. Nothing strikes me immediately as being "like Peter Gabriel" really - it's tough to think of artists who 'stretched out time' (varying tempos within a single line or verse, singing slowly, etc) on a record in the same way. The one who comes most easily to mind is David Bowie.

Other artists who fit into a similar "interesting, slightly off-the-beaten-path, intellectual, constantly searching" mold might be Robert Fripp, Brian Eno, David Bryne, and perhaps a slight nod to Bryan Ferry/RoxyMusic.
Well, there's nothing quite like Peter Gabriel; even early Gabriel (e.g. Genesis) is very different from his current stuff. You might like Steve Hackett's recent releases (he was also in early Genesis). Another band that falls into the art-symphonic-progressive vein and has Gabriel-like moments is "The Flower Kings - Stardust We Are".

Enjoy,
Bob