Tom Waitts Where do I begin?

In NY, FUV, one of our small, cozy, radio stations has been doing a special through the day on Tom Waitt's music. I'm a believer, now. Where do I begin? Can you give me some albums to start with? thanks in advance. peace, warren
128x128warrenh
It's amazing that the list got as long as it did before someone mentioned "Rain Dogs." The song "Jockey Full Of Burbon" has one of the few perfect (for the song) guitar solos ever recorded.
Except for the one "Burp", this group of Tom Waits fans deserve a round of applause for their suggestions. It just goes to show what a great artist he is. Very few other artists provide such diversity album to album and have so many people think each one is some of the best music Tom has done. Hurray for Mr. Waits all of us who enjoy the quality of his music.
Yeah, I too was curious why Rain Dogs didn't get more of a mention. I'm no where near an authority, but isn't Rain Dogs usually considered his "best" record by "critics?" But what do these so called "critics" know anyway?

How do you like my over use of "quotes?" At least I'm not SHOUTING.
Nicko - I can't remember who said it, though I'm sure it wasn't Waits....I think maybe it was Gary Null....."....critics and lawyers are just two steps beneath snail dung...." Now I'll probably get my ass flamed by all the lawyers and critics on this list. Ouch!

I do enjoy Rain Dogs too. Try my very best not to use the word "best" for exactly the reasons you question critics....hey, what the f%*k do I know?! I just like his music. He's the BEST you know. You can quote me on that. Just don't shout quite so loud, I can't hear my music when your making your point like that, and no one's listening anyway.

Marco