Eric Clapton covers Robert Johnson

Just paid $29 for this. It really sounds terrible. The high end is awful. I don't recommed it.
slingshot
Terry:

I wonder if the album jacket's glue isn't more suseptible to the Hawaiian humidity?

BTW, I just ordered a stack of 140 grams from Mosaic's website (actually it's Trueblue.com, which is linked to Mosaic, which is itself linked to the Blue Note site). ANYWAY, these pressings are usually $10.95, which I think is a heckuva deal for some brand-new vinyl. We'll see how it goes.
Humid in Hawaii? Been there four times, never found it humid. Maybe you're thinking of the Caribbean.

I also never cared for ECs work after Derek and the Dominos. Sonewhat passionless and mundane compared to Cream.
I like my acoustic blues on the raw side and although I respect ECs ability, guitar more than vocal, he has a tendency to be smooooth. This tendency has the effect, at least for me, of homogenizing what should be a gritty experience. The devils music, down at the crossroads, meets champagne bubbly music out dere in Nort Dakota! I agree with Tomryan above, Yardbirds, Cream, Blind Faith and Derek and the Dominos. It's been a search since then.