What early 70's rock bands had violins?

I am trying to find any bands from late 60's to early 70's that had violin or electric violin.
jbaussie
Lugnut-You beat me with 'its a beautiful day'
The album with 'white bird'.. awesome!
For you familiar with this band,you may want to check out "days of the new" a modern band that sounds very familiar to IABD...they have 2 CD's out,both are good but I think the first is the best.Very good music!
Hey Cwlondon,
Gentle Giant was definitely on the brainfry poop menu. Really dug that Playing that Fool record. It's not the greatest recording and it looks like the One Way Label did its usual piss poor job of putting an analog recording on those shiny little digital discs.
Gotta' agree that some G.G. tunes seem a little pompous and embarrasing at times, but they came up w/ some pretty intricate and high quality stuff. What really did it for me was being at a concert where they opened for Yes (who were great). Gentle Giant clobbered them in the chops department, no mean feat since the Relayer tour was a real high point for Yes.

Sorry about the opinionated tangent... umm, High Tide (Simon House), Embryo and early Michael Urbaniak also put out some good burnin' violin rock in the early 70's
What about Jimmy Page and Alvin Lee? Mr. Page actually used (uses?) a bow on his Les Paul. Alvin Lee makes his Gibson ES-335 sound very much like a violin on the Ten Years After album "Cricklewood Green - Love like a Man".
Dweller, I was just going to mention Ten Years After. "A Space in Time", a great album, uses violins on some of the tracks. And speaking of guitars sounding like violins, Eric Clapton and Duane Allmon do a good job of that on the instrumental part of Layla.