Remembering Jerry

Today Aug. 9th. marks the 9th. anniversary of Jerry Garcia's death at age 53. I hope he's in a place with no MP3's, no leisure suites, but in a land of big resin laden buds, jamming and partying with all of the other musical illuminati who left us far too soon!
fatparrot
Right now listening to 8/7/82 Alpine Valley in rememberance. Happy birthday to the best guitarist of all time and peace to he and all.
Every great musician leaves us far too soon. I'm looking forward to meeting him when I pass on (I hope it works that way). In the meantime, I'm enjoying his music and his ties.
Hey Jond.....please note that he DIED 9 years ago today....I am not celebrating.
Hey Fat Parrot. Smoking The Persian (Heroin) was Jerry's passion. He's in the big H now, a place I feel he gave me glimpses of on more than a few occasions. It's been a long strange trip from the first be-in's and Acid Tests. Kesey, Neal, Pigpen and Jerry. I think I'll listen to 4/26/71 and wish I was there. I'll offer up a sweet Garcia/ Grisman Quintet 5/7-11/91 Warfield disc in Jerry's memory. Thanks for the reminder FP.
Garebear, I knew that!, where "happy birthday" came from I have no idea! How embarassing. Anyway, hopefully you got the idea. The Grateful Dead were my major in college and so I owe Jerry a lot. 65 shows just wasn't enough. Peace.