Music you would like to turn someone on to.

I will have to ad a few that I think some people might enjoy.
1) Elf. From my home town and not too hard to find. Features Roni Dio
2) Good Rats
3) Flaming lips.
These are rock/pop material.
Certainly worth a try.
Anyone else offer some unique bands?
scottht
Stan Ridgway and Chris Whitley are 2 of my favorites that are not greatly known in the mainstream. Alot of other stuff which I like,but not all of their music.

Hey MARAKANETZ...just looking at your list of artists, you GOTTA' be a musician...play guitar??

my one contribution, ABECEDARIANS!!!

gone but not forgotten.
1. Eddie From Ohio (Virginia soul music, great lyrics. great music - I LOVE these guys)

2. Michael Tomlinson (smoothest voice I have ever heard - GREAT folk music and acoustic guitar). Phil Roy, another great folk/rock guy with great deep lyrics.

3. Tower of Power (yes, they have been around for 36 years and are my all time favorite band - but still not enough people appreciate them - best soul/funk band ever with the tightest horn section ever)

4. If you like female jazz vocals, then try Renee Marie, Jackie Allen, Carla Cook or Tierney Sutton. For male jazz vocals try Philip Manuel (for this matter, check out all the artists on the MaxxJazz label)

5. Keller Williams and his former band The String Cheese Incident

6. Bela Fleck and Victor Wooten (you should just throw RAW MEAT at this guy he is such a MONSTER bass player)

7. If you like jazz trumpet (as I saw one of you does) try Tim Hagans, Chuck Findley or Wayne Bergeron

8. If you like Crosby Still & Nash - try David Crosby's most recent group CPR (Crosby, Pevar and Raymond -- one of which is his son).

9. Jamie Cullum. This kid is a 22-23 year old piano playing rocker who just put out an album of Frank Sinatra/Harry Connick meets alternative type of music. He does some Cole Porter tunes, a Hendrix tune some of his own and one by Radiohead and does them all well IMHO. His version of "I get a Kick Out of You" is a blast. Cool smooth voice and delivery and fun, catchy, feet tappin piano work (even if not a giant of jazz yet). Fun stuff.