Top Ten Electronic/alternative Albums

Based not only on musical tastes but in the quality they were recorded in. I listen to some jazz and blues, and alot of classic rock but I feel this genre of music, both Alternative and Electronic music is often overlooked.
lush
Marakanetz,you have me interested in Fish for Fish,do you know where i can get it?thanks
I looked for Fish for Fish too and no luck.

Raytheprinter are you really a printer? Do you own a printshop? I am just curious as I have worked in printing for about 17 years and when the shop I worked for closed down I was scrambling to get back on my feet. I was in pre press and now helping in the shop at a very nice place...
I too luv jazz.rock.blues and have experimented w/ electronica...as such I tend to get into those with elements of jazz

Among them by far the best I've heard is the Cinematic Orchestra...stunning stuff. St.Germain's "Tourist" is also quite good. Two others I love are Caia (the Magic Dragon) and Kruder Dorfmeister (The K&D Sessions).

For alt rock, check out

Dada: Live Official Bootleg (though perhaps it ain't alternative per se)
Opeth: Damnation (heavy metal alt band goes unplugged)
Soda Stereo: Sueno Stereo (Latin alt!)
Smashing Pumpkins: Siamese Dream (a classic)
Moke: Carnival
Incubus: Morning View
hello Philjolet,yep,ive been a press operator since 75,and still have all my fingers!!glad you found a nice shop to work at!fellow audiogoner Rooze is in the industry too,