Top Ten Electronic/alternative Albums

Based not only on musical tastes but in the quality they were recorded in. I listen to some jazz and blues, and alot of classic rock but I feel this genre of music, both Alternative and Electronic music is often overlooked.
lush
Anything by Death In Vegas but especially "Scorpio Rising"
Primal Scream- Screamadelica
London Suede- Singles
Moby- Play
or best of all, go back to where a lot of this stuff started; Roxy Music. Any of the first several albums will do. Also,their live recording of the 2001 tour is excellent.
Some good tunes / bands listed above, but a pretty wide category between "electronic" and "alternative". Having said that and trying not to duplicate items already mentioned, here's a few worth contendors.

Jim Thirwell in all of the various multitudes of band incarnations that he's been involved with. While he is best known for his work as "Foetus" i.e. Foetus Under Glass, You've Got Foetus On Your Breath, Philip And His Foetus Vibrations, Foetus Over Frisco, Scraping Foetus Off The Wheel, Foetus Art Terrorism, Foetus Uber Frisco, The Foetus of Excellence, The Foetus All Nude Review, Foetus Interruptus, Foetus Inc, Foetus In Excelsus Corruptus Deluxe, Foetus Symphony Orchestra, etc... he's also done work as Clint Ruin, Wiseblood, Steroid Maximus, etc... Some older "punks" and "no-wave" fans may remember his girlfriend aka Lydia Lunch. She appears on several of his recordings, either as a guest performer or equal partner. The "Wiseblood" stuff that he did was with Rolli Mossiman of "Swans" fame.

If you're interested, check out the Scraping Foetus Off The Wheel disc "Hole" and the Wiseblood "Motorslug / Death Rape 2000" releases. The Foetus stuff can range from being very abrasive to being very rhythmic i.e. dance oriented. Expect "non-PC" lyrics.

For something that is very dark and heavy sounding with tons of metallic grind and industrial overtones, check out Skin Chamber's "Wound" and "Trial". These guys also played in Controlled Bleeding.

How could someone like Gary Numan be missing from a thread like this? His latest releases are much heavier and even darker than his his earlier stuff. I like his earlier stuff before he turned into a discomaniac dance sensation ( Dance ) and his last couple of releases that i bought ( "Pure" and also "Exile"). Can't remember which, but one of these has some VERY potent and very deep bass in it.

Another band that belongs here is Nocturnal Emissions. I don't have a lot of stuff by them, but what i have is completely original.

How about Throbbing Gristle or Psychic Television? Anybody listen to these bands, brought to us courtesy of Genesis P-Orridge?

What about The Teardrop Explodes and more importantly, Julian Cope?

I haven't seen any mentions of Hawkwind or even Nik Turner doing his "SpaceRitual" stuff. Gotta be some fans of this seminal and highly influential band here at Agon.

I could go on and on, but i don't want to demonstrate just how disturbed i really am : ) Sean
>

PS... I don't necessarily agree with anything that these artists have to say or what they believe. In fact, many of them produce lyrics / promote ideologies that i completely disagree with. None the less, i still enjoy the music ( if you want to call it that ) that is the by-product of their twisted little worlds : )
Sean: Nik Turner's "Hawkwind" (Pressurehed, P-Orridge, Helios Creed, etc.), Nik Turner's Sphinx (Gong back in '78, Pressurehed in '93), DarXtar, HawXtar (DarXtar + Nik Turner), Dark Sun's Ice Ritual (feat. Nik Turner), Pressurehed, Farflung, Anubian Lights, Alan Davey, Spiral Realms, The Brain, Chrome, Zero Gravity etc. Oh yeah - Hawkwind. Got 'em covered! I never doubt I'm the only one on the way to work in the morning with Pressurehed charging away on the car CD player... not too many fans up here ; )