Best Quality Recording On Vynil

I wonder what you consider the best recorded vinyl you ever listened. I've heard that Pink Floyd's `Dark Side Of The Moon` remains to be "unbeatable" in terms of recording quality.... I am sure many would have a different opinion on this. I know that there are some fellow audiophiles there who test new electronics with the albums they consider to be "best ever - period". Please post your opinion what albums they are!
sputniks
Hi Sputniks,
" I can only speak for myself on this one. I'm going to offer you a Record Label that has been consistent since my first one in 1970. This label is none other then [ ECM / JAPO ]
Their recording have always had a sound which I've found many can't match till this day. Somewhat in the Chamber - Jazz Mode, but I again love all their records."
Try to find either of the Manfred Schoof LP's titled: Scales or Lifelines on Japo. Share your thoughts afterwards.
[ Hint: Search - gemm.com - ]
There is no 'best VINYL recording' since every opinion is different, and people like different music. Dark Side of the Moon isn't even Pink Floyds best LP. I have a British pressing of Animals, which is a much better LP than DSOTM that sound great. Which version of DSOTM are you refering to, I have four of them and they all sound different.

There are lots of good rereleases of classic rock, pop, and classical, not to mention blues, and Jazz.

I think the Simply Vinyl versions of some of Elvis's catalog sound amazing, I only had one Elvis recording before I heard how good those were, but I certainly don't think they're the best. Beyond that, I have not listened to every LP ever recorded, so I don't know what the best one is, after all.
A similiar sounding piece to DSOM but better recording (I think anyway) is Alan Parson's 1st recording "Tales of Mystery and Imagination - Edgar Allan Poe" pressed by MFSL.

The U.S. pressing of Pink Floyd "Animals" sucked as I remember.. the British pressing is probably much better.
Nrchy, I have the British Animals as well and it is quite incredible! But highly manipulated studio recordings on old tape just aren't in the league of the best vinyl recordings. Most are musically worthless, but the Sheffeild Labs direct-to-disc recordings are, by a large margin, the highest fidelity records ever made, IMHO. Try the Harry James ones for sheer power and clarity. The 45rpm Crystal Clear direct-to-disk recordings are better musically, and next up for sound quality. I like the Charlie Byrd best, and then the Laurindo Alemeda. For a studio affair on tape, try The Dave Frishberg Songbook, volumes 1 and 2 on the Omni Sound label. If you can get past Frishbergs melange of novelty songs and strange phrasing, you will be amazed. DSOTM, which I have five different copies of (but not the vaunted Pro Use version, which I have auditioned at length) and love, is not even on the same planet sonically as any of these.
Yes. Agree with much of what is stated above. It really depends on what "quality" you value. It's a very subjective word.

Some would say that the 45rpm reissue of the "Firebird Suite" is one of the greatest symphonic recordings on vinyl. I think this is surely one of the contenders but one needs to be able to look past the notorious Mercury tape hiss.