Norah Jones?

Like probably many other A-Gon members I'm a sucker for great female voices. Of course being recorded well is a priority to feed my audiophile addiction. When I read threads recommending great female voices and recordings I rarely see anyone mentioning Norah Jones. I happen to think her music is excellent and very well recorded. I'm just wondering what the audiophile community thinks of her. With that said please keep the music tips coming. I have picked up alot of great cd's due to suggestions from this forum.
Ag insider logo xs@2xkrelldog
I disagree with those who find her boring. She is subtle. Her arrangements and piano ar first rate. The recording quality is only so-so. I notice in her video that she almost touches the microphone with her mouth. That may produce a certain fuzziness, which is my only complaint. Her duet with Ray Charles on the Grammy-winning album of the year is fantastic. To each his own. I'm also a big fan of Van Morrison, although his last two cds don't compare.
She's okay, but nothing special. Like this month's flavor I think she'll fade away. Pleasurable? Yes. Interesting? Absolutely. Artistic? Groundbreaker? A keeper? No way. But then again, there's nothing wrong with mere entertainment. I like plenty of lightweight groups/singer/ensembles/etc.
There is an article / interview in the March Stereophile pertaining to the studio where Norah recorded her discs at. It is an ALL analogue studio with no digital signal manipulation what-so-ever. How or where the recordings were converted from A to D, i have no idea. Don't have anything by her on vinyl or redbook, although i do have "Come Away With Me" on SACD. From what i can recall, it seemed kind of monotonous to me, making it hard to listen to the whole disc from beginning to end. Sean
>
I can't believe I forgot Fiona Apple. I love listening to those albums. I really get a kick (literally!) of the bass on some of those. There is one in particular but the name and album escape me. And what ever happened to Liz Phair?
Monotonous voice and average skills IMHO..to each their own...I predict she's already hit her commercial peak and will fade slowly from the scene...CD's where every song sounds the same (even with an appealing voice) don't bode well to me.