Have U ever bought an LP because of the cover art?

I was talking to a friend who was telling me that he got into various artists because the LP cover was interesting, have you ever bought something for the same reason?
128x128nrchy
Shventus, I don't want to hear that she was pregnant, please say you were lying.
Rushton,my father had the whipped cream album ,i must have been 7 or 8,but i fell in love with that girl,,,,that cover brings back memories,i have that album now,,
Sorry Papertrail,

It's true (well as true as I can ascertain, I wasn't there - but sure would have liked to have been).

She has a web site & is selling autographed copies (? print or jacket) for $50.00 (ouch).

Anyone know her name (before I divulge it)?
Ray, I bought that Whipped Cream album in high school, lost it somewhere along the way in college and replaced it just a few years ago just to have the cover in my collection. It always makes for a good conversation.

Shventus, I'm waiting for you to share the answer. I'd heard this once along the way, but I've forgetten.
OK Rushton,

Her name is Dolores Erickson. She was 3 months pregnant during the shoot and is now 65. She actually graced the covers of many LP's, but Whipped Cream was clearly the most famous. She also paints. Here is a link to her web site, and an excerpt from a recent expose on Herb Alpert in the Washington Post. Enjoy.

http://www.whippedcreamlady.com/

"The success of the records, says Moss, was a reflection of the "warmth" of Alpert's sound. "It was the kind of thing you hear and feel good about," he says. "That part is as fresh to me now as it ever was."
It's debatable, however, whether one of Alpert's most commercially successful albums owed more to its cover art than to its music. "Whipped Cream & Other Delights," released in 1965, was certainly high concept -- all of its songs were named after foods -- but its most memorable feature may have been the cover photo of a beautiful, dark-eyed and apparently naked model covered in white cream.
The picture occupied a not insignificant piece of real estate in the psyches of adolescent boys of that era, who are men of this one. As Esquire put it in 1989, "We bought this album for the album cover. For here is what lust looked like in 1966."
When art director Peter Whorf presented his cover idea to Alpert and Moss, Alpert says, "We thought it was pushing the envelope too much. You've got to remember this is 1965. Now it's nothing."
They went ahead anyway, hiring a friend of the A&M founders, a Ford Agency model named Dolores Erickson, then 25. Whorf spent most of the daylong photo session slathering Erickson with shaving cream, which held up better under the hot studio lights than whipped cream (although whipped cream was used on Erickson's head and hand). All that shaving cream covered up the fact that she was three months pregnant at the time.
The resulting image reveals far less of Erickson than the average low-cut dress, but the overall effect was electrifying. "People have told me that it's the innocence of the look," says Erickson, now 65, retired and living in Washington state. "It's what you can't see" that adds to its allure. "I understand it was very suggestive to men, but I never thought of it like that."
She refers to it as "the world's most famous album cover."
"Whipped Cream" stayed at No. 1 on the album charts for eight weeks."