TheVinylPress.com

As some of you know, I have been pursuing vinyl and audio for a long time, and recently decided to write about it. I launched a site called http://TheVinylPress.com which is devoted to older records that deserve renewed attention. The site launched quietly last month with a feature about the U.S.Library of Congress audio-visual restoration archive, and the latest installment features an inteview with Olav Wyper, the creator of the legendary Vertigo Swirl label. For now, this is a labor of love. I hope you find something worthwhile.*
Bill Hart
___
*N.B. The powers that be at Audiogon gave me permission to start a thread about the site.
128x128whart
Congratulations! Very well done and, obviously, a labor of love. I like your writing style and I think you strike a nice balance between musical and audiophile concerns; your love for the music comes through loud and clear. Good luck and I look forward to your updates.
Thanks to all of you for your kind words and support.
I recently added an interview with Stanley Booth, the guy who
wrote the insider's view of the Stone's '69 tour, was hanging
with Otis Redding as they laid down "Dock of the
Bay" (a few days before Redding's death) and lived the
music as a journalist who wrote about Gram Parsons, the Delta
blues and much more back in the late 60's. Also added, an
interview with EIL, the UK rare record dealer, and a very
basic guide to buying used records- most of which may be
common knowledge to seasoned vinyl collectors, may be helpful
to those who are just venturing in (or returning) to vinyl
and want to discover older pressings.
I've just begun a series of related articles, interviews and album reviews on the Island "pink label" era. Once complete, the series will provide a fairly in-depth look at a label whose artists, producers and releases gave us music that was not just influential, but changed the shape of much of what we listen to today. http://thevinylpress.com/island-records-the-pink-label-era/