Another sign SACD is dying

I went to Best Buy to purchase some SACDs and after searching for the special section containing sacds and xrcds without success, I asked the salesman where they were. He informed me that they were all removed since dual disc is now the rage. WOW!
jmslaw
I bought about 30 LPs at the Best Buy here in Scottsdale, when they stopped stocking them. 99 cents each, sealed.
Thanks for the heads up, hopefully, they're just as foolish with the SACDs.
sacd was doomed to fail as soon as they were first released,a non audiophile would never dream of paying xtra for a cd player that was capable of playing sacd's.

it wont be long before dual disc goes the way of the wind too,standard cd's are too far entrenched for any other format to gain a foothold.

im not suprised at all that best buy isnt stocking sacd's anymore,sooner or later all of these new formats will end up like the beta format was to vcr.

mike.
If lack of shelf space at Best Buy is the harbinger, this whole hobby is about to die out. Either that, or we need another harbinger.
Two channel stereo is dead! I went to Best Buy and they did not have any high end gear. How long will it be before AudiogoN folds up and we don't have anywhere to write this stuff?!?

Best Buy is the lowest common denominator or electronics sales. They mean nothing to good musical reproduction, or good home theater for that matter. I stand by my statement that SACD will only succeed if audiophiles support it. If people who care about good sound stick with a garbage format like redbook, then we are doomed... No one will ever introduce a better format, why would they? We are shooting ourselves in the foot by rejecting hi-rez formats. Maybe we're shooting ourselves in the head!?!

Only companies as big as Sony and their ilk can design and produce a gamble like SACD or DVD-A. If we argue about their virtues and sit on the sideline, our options will never get better. Are you satisfied with your system to the point where it does not need to get better??? If not support better formats! Are SACD and DVD-A perfect? Not by a long shot, but they sure are better than the dismal failure of redbook CD!!!
I have my problems with the LP format, but one thing you can say for it is that it has staying power! When I put together my first "system" about 1953, the very first LP I got was the musical "Wonderful Town". Half a century and many system iterations later, I can still play that LP.