Another sign SACD is dying

I went to Best Buy to purchase some SACDs and after searching for the special section containing sacds and xrcds without success, I asked the salesman where they were. He informed me that they were all removed since dual disc is now the rage. WOW!
jmslaw
Sony will have SACD with their Playstation 3? (thanks treyhoss) - any of you doom and gloomers care to address that?
Treyhoss, you THE MAN of the hour. Thank you for this wonderful info. What site is this listed on? Would like to get that link, to the site. I am facing-off 2 more guys at audioasylum.com, who told me that major audio magazines say SACD is dead. Sad part is that one of them is a Vinly lover and doesn't have a SACD player. I did not want to say this, but sometimes I feel that these guys feel that their LP turf is being treaded upon by SACD.
the industry goal at the moment is to get redbook to stablize. a flatline in sales for one would be good news. there is an lp revival with younger music 'collectors', but the real marketplace for this is primarily 'used' stuff and does the artists and the labels no good at this point.. new pressings(though small) are hopefully going to grow beyond the audiophile community. the focus for growth is currently on the web with music services. i hate this (personally) because it represents the end the the long playing album as an artform. enjoy music for music...recordings for rcordings.....songs for songs.....don't get caught up with which media is superior or will survive. i've gotta room filled with laserdiscs and i'm thrilled to own every one of them. i even collect the stones on 45 and reel to reel. there is nothing as viseral as 'have you seen your mother baby, standing in the shadow?' coming off a slightly noisey 45 rpm piece of vinyl. it was the way it was meant to be heard and enjoyed. the formats mean nothing, even in the hi end hobby......feeding your soul does.
For over five years I have listened to claims of the death of SACD. During this same time I have continued to build my SACD library and modify my Sony SCD-1.

The impending death looks further away today than any time in the past five years. For those who continue to predict it's failure, most who have not even heard SACD's I am sorry. You have missed five wonderful years of music!

I personally do not care, as I've modified my SACD player, I continue to receive better performance from both SACD and redbook playback. So I can not see how I've done anything but gained in my system enjoyment.

Others can continue writing obituaries about various formats, I'm too busy listening to my system.