New Jazz Releases

Please feel free to post any newly released jazz titles. If you've actually purchased and listened to the recording, please post a review. Also be on the lookout for new artists.

Please do not post any re-released or re-issued older music here. Do NOT post any smooth jazz here.
128x128mitch4t
A couple of new releases I've really enjoyed so far this year are:

Ben Goldberg - Orphic Machine
JD Allen - Graffiti
Vijay Ayer - Break Stuff
Myra Melford - Snowy Egret
Sound Prints - Live at the Monterey Jazz Festival (though it doesn't do justice to the several shows I've seen the band play over the last couple of years)
Thanks Mitch4t, for the thread and to all who have contributed already, I have learned a lot.

The first recording that popped into my head , was a 2013 recording , David Weiss's "Endangered Species". The music of Wayne Shorter. It is very well played, straight ahead live recording.
Avishai Cohen's "Dark Nights" from last year is killer..
Just got JD Allen's "Graffiti"....the man seems unable to make anything less than an extraordinary record.
Rudresh Mahanthappa's "Bird Calls" is excellent
Like my initial spin of Chris Potter's "Underground Orchestra"
When I listen to Miguel Zenon's music, I always find myself listening to the pianist Luis Perdomo. The only other time I remember this happening was with Charles Loyd's music with Bobo Stenson. Very good company.

Check out his new release "Twenty Two", I think most Jazz lovers will love it.
As the year nears its end, I wanted to mention an overlooked beauty. The recording I keep coming back to the most this year is the Ran Blake recording "Ghost Tones".

Sadly no YouTube music yet, but Amazon has some short clips to let you hear what the music is about about. Many good to great reviews online.