Best female vocals on CD

Want recommendations for Female recordings on CD. Thanks Joe
jwstannese647
Amazing, but all of you guys above have good taste. I totally agree with Lj's and Sd's Jennifer Warnes nomination and I really like both "Famous Blue Raincoat", and "The Hunter"; Re: John, I love Margo Timmins on both "the Trinity Session" and also "The Caution Horses". And I have all of Koko Taylor's CDs and Many of Etta James'. K.T.s' "walking the Back Streets" practically makes me cry. I would also nominate Loreena McKennitt's-- well they're all good. And Mai're Brennan, self titled (M. Brennan is also lead singer for the Irish group Clannad, and sister of Enya). I'm just now starting to appreciate Diana Krall-- got her latest CD and she's great, and yeah, Barbra Streisand. For lyrics, Melissa Etheridge. Cheers. Craig.
Any CD by the Cowboy Junkies, but especially their latest; "Miles from our Home." Margo Timmins is awesome!
Don't forget Patricia Barber, also incredible recording. them there's also Shiela Chandra witha voice from heaven.
The several (seven?) 3CD boxes in the Collected Dinah Washington prove her to be a real hero: Ella is technically a better singer, and Billie is more instantly recognizable, but Dinah owns you. (These are Collected but not Complete-- there is stuff available both earlier and later, but its muh more uneven). Classical/opera, my own view is that the greatest living voice of any gender is Jessye Norman, but her recordings do not do her justice. As to pop, I'm really impressed with Joan Osborne and Laura Love, both of whom have modest instruments but huge hearts.
.....It's got to be noted that Margo Timmins voice is at once seductive, haunting, and intimate. WOW. Craig