Best female vocals on CD

Want recommendations for Female recordings on CD. Thanks Joe
jwstannese647
Here are a few that you are sure to enjoy. Musical quality ranges, but the entire CDs are fantastic: Natalie Merhcant - Tiger Lilly Once Blue - Once Blue Kelly Willis - What I Deserve Carole King - Tapestry Sarah McLachlan - Surfacing Annie Lennox - Diva Rickie Lee Jones - Ricki Lee Jones Fionna Apple - Tidal Lucinda Williams - Car Wheels on a Gravel Road Stevei Nicks - Anything from Fleetwood Mac (i.e. Fleetwood Mac, Rumors) Hole - Live Through This (for those looking for the edge)
The last post did not appear well. Let's try it again.... Natalie Merhcant - Tiger Lilly; Once Blue - Once Blue; Kelly Willis - What I Deserve; Carole King - Tapestry; Sarah McLachlan - Surfacing; Annie Lennox - Diva; Rickie Lee Jones - Ricki Lee Jones; Fionna Apple - Tidal; Lucinda Williams - Car Wheels on a Gravel Road; Steveie Nicks - Anything from Fleetwood Mac (i.e. Fleetwood Mac, Rumors; Hole - Live Through This (for those looking for the edge)
Cassandra Wilson has one of the best voices in jazz. Patricia Barber is incredible too. Heather Nova is a little known hottie with an amazing voice. Provacative lyrics too! Suze diMarche of Baby Animals (defunct band, but you can still get the CDs)--straight ahead rock! She's up there with the all-time best female rock 'n' roll singer: Chrisie Hynde of the Pretenders!
Eva Cassidy bowls over everybody I play her for.Also K.D. Lang Especially when she was working with Ben Mink is fabulous.
For those of you who consider Diana Krall a great vocalist, it wasn't so offensive, it would be laughable. She is a passable singer whose record company is trying to push her as a singer in order to maximize her marketability. How would you rate her next to Ella Fitzgerald, Sarah Vaughn or Nancy Wilson? Even someone like Natalie Cole, who stands between jazz and pop music completely eclipses her as a vocalist. She has no vocal range and little capability to reinterpret a song in a way to "make it her own". She is an excellent pianist, with a sweet, limited voice. and she looks good on the front of a CD. Many of her CD's have stunning sound. That's it.