Best female vocals on CD

Want recommendations for Female recordings on CD. Thanks Joe
jwstannese647
Yes, yes, Jenna Mammina is truly great! If you like Norah Jones then you should hear Jenna who does it better, much better! It's a pity that she isn't better known. She deserves to sell as many discs as Norah. Go to her website and listen to a few tunes
I just can't believe no one has mentioned Jane Siberry! If caramel had a sound, this would be it. Try the Cd's 'Maria' or 'When I was a boy'.
She's been dead for years but I loved Patsy Cline's music. I also think Norah Jones, Joan Armatrading, and Nina Simone are great, along with some of the older blues/jazz singers like Billie Holliday, Keely Smith, Gogi Grant.
Billie Holiday, Mary Ford, Peggy Lee, Dusty Springfield, Linda Thompson, Laura Nyro, The Roches, Nancy Griffith, Joan Armatrading, Bonnie Raitt, eva Cassidy, Mcgarrigle sisters, Ani Difranco, Etta James, Patty Griffin, Jane siberry, Loreena Mckeena,Jennifer Warnes, Aimee Mann, Joni Mitchell, Dolly Pardon, emmylou Harris, Cassandra Wilson, Patti Smith, Siouxie Sioux, Janis Joplin-and, sigh, there are more.They are all great, but not always great.I could not pick one as the best because they have each in their own way brought something different to music- some with their writing-some with their presense and style-phrasing, and others for their incredible vocal range.