John Lennon

As this is the 20th anniversary of the tragic death of John Lennon i would like to share my respect with all Audiogon members.
mikec
It was 20 years ago today...But the real celebration should be 60 years ago when John came into this world. We should celebrate his life and work. I guess that Yoko Ono isn't a lot of people's favorite, but she said that we should celebrate John's birthday and not the day of his death. I agree, although I'll never forget the day he died.
I know that it may be inappropriate to slam the guy on the 20th anniversary of his death but I really have to differ with some of you. He was just a man. Why do we have to raise every icon to the level of a demi-god status. Was he talented? Sure.. But lets keep things in perspective. The guy was not Mother Theresa.
Wow thanks Mikec. Sure he was a person. Yet even today when listening to early Beatles or Double Fantasy I'm reminded how grateful I am to him. His paeans to Love continue to resonate deep inside me. Rest in peace John Lennon.