CD Recommendations

Can anyone recommend a great recording in contemperary jazz or New age Music. I have about 750 cds and It seems at times I dont have anything I want to listen to. I like all kinds of music but I would like to build my jazz and new age collection a little more. I like Yanni,david arkenstone, david lanz etc and for jazz I like fourplay the rippingtons, dave koz etc. Iam tired of buying a cd and only likng 4 out of 12 songs. Thanks for your help sorry if this semms as a bogus post but I thought maybe somone can turn me on to some new artists. Thank you Daniel
lev335
Check out your local library and preview some of these CDs fully before buying. It's also a cheap way of getting a broad musical background quickly and inexpensively.
Frogman,that post is worth a thousand times more than any audio related post in here. You spoke the truth, not to insult or to educate, but to simply open the door to the real thing. "Flash in the pan" music will never have lasting value and will ultimatly lead to Lev's situation. Lev, I suggest exposing yourself to known giants in each music category. Dont just listen once, listen untill you know the music well, then you will be able to be at peace with your collection.
If you are going to get one Charlie Hunter CD go for "Return of the Candyman" w/ Stefon Harris on vibes.
Frap, thanks for the positive remarks. Your suggestion to Lev is an excellent one. Exposure to the music of the giants in their respective categories is the best way to expand one's musical horizons; even if the music seems "difficult" at first or second listen. I find that although it certainly is part of our very human nature to stay within the confines of what is familiar and confortable, by challenging ourselves we find a richer enjoyment of great gift that music is. Regards.
I just listened to Bela Felck & the Flecktones "Outbound" three times in a row (I was too tired to get up and change the CD). I enjoyed it all three times (this is a good sign).