Fourplay ...yes please Jazz CD

Does anyone own this CD as well as their other works? I have this CD and like it a lot, but before rushing out to purchase their other stuff I would like to know if it is similiar to this album.

Also, if you own this CD, could you recommend some other artists very similiar?
brianmgrarcom
I just got back to this thread, you guys are killing me!!! What do you clasify smooth jazz as if it is not jazz? Pop? Lighten up not all of us are 60 years old, I just can't get into most of the really old stuff that most of you guys refer to as "jazz" maybe that should be relabeled as "random instrumental". Smooth jazz(fourplay) is as much jazz as Miles Davis just like saying Incubus is not rock because it is not Elvis, times change as do styles, terms become more elastic as they get older.
I have been a Bob James fan for about 25 years. Geez, that made me feel OLD.....
Following him lead me to many artists that I would have never found since they never got air play. I would just look to see if he had anything to do with the album and buy it.
If you go to Amazon, you can listen to parts of the songs
on the CD's that they have for sale.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-form/002-1660554-1386455
Sorry guys, Fourplay stinks!!! It's not good jazz, and I frankly hesitate to call it jazz. Unfortunately, groups and individuals such as Fourplay, The Rippingtons, Dave Koz, Spyra Gyra, and Kenny G have grossly misrepresented the genre. Perticularly Kenny G, whom I feel should be incarserated. Down with Kenny G, up with T. Monk, George Gables, Paul Desmond, Kenny Burrell, and Bill Evans.
Thank you for that comment full of wit and information, I am going to sleep better tonight knowing that you don't like any of that music. FWIW The Gerry Muligan Paul Desmond Quartet "Blues In Time" is my favorite Jazz recording, I just also enjoy the other non-jazz stuff too. To each his own. Best wishes,
Tim
I don't consider smooth jazz as "Jazz". I prefer the Hard Bop and Bop era. However, my Sister gave me the Fourplay "Best of ..." CD for Christmas several years ago. It remained sealed until about a week ago. She listens to Rippingtons, Manhattan Transfer, Spyro Gyra, etc., and assumed that I'd like it. I scanned through each song, not expecting much, then came upon track 3 and played it TWICE. (This is coming from a guy with over 4,000 1950's jazz records!) The title is "Higher Ground", a song made famous by Stevie Wonder, featuring Take 6. I found it a fairly decent recording, funky, and fun to listen to. I can't stand the other 11 songs, but was pleased to find one worth listening to.

I'm not buying any of their other CD's though ...