Your Favorite Austin City Limits

Eric Taylor was on Austin City Limits last night and I was reminded how many great performances there were on that show week after week. For me, two shows really stand out: Stevie Ray Vaughn and the Allman Brothers. SRV played with so much feeling so effortlessly that it seemed like he was drawing inspiration and grace right out of the air -- if there is a muse, I experienced it's manifestation.

What about you? What are the great shows? Have you "discovered" new music you didn't hear before? Are you addicted?
ozfly
I saw the Stevie Ray Vaughn show and it is among one of my all time favorites ... and also the recent Rickie Lee Jones ... she was outstanding ...
SRV

The Second show SRV did is magic! To bad the DVD is just a portion of both shows on Austin City Limits. I would like to have both full shows on DVD. If you have not seen SRV on Austin city limits and you don't see the big deal of SRV it is well worth your time!
Too many to recall. Used to be: tune in Vermont PBS Saturday night, and there it was. Now, my son has satellite tv, so many useless channels, I can't find anything. I believe that tapes are available. Assuredly, they must be on DVD by now. What is the best source for video recordings. R. Skaggs, Steve Goodman, that whole Texas blues thing, too many names to recall, Asleep at the Wheel, Bill Monroe, seem to recall some Zydeco. Such great memories... who needs crazy super high-end equipment when you can get lost in performances like that? The music shines through, never mind ------- microdynamics and inner ------- detail! Good day.