What's the best isolation system?

Let's hear your ideas on isolation. I'm hoping this will be a survey of systems featuring the different cone products including Mapleshade Triplepoints and heavy hats, Audiopoints various sizes and their footers, Black Diamond, DB Systems etc; through products like Vibrapod and the sorbathane gel feet,include the bearing type products like Aurios, and how you implemeneted or combined systems for the best sound.

If anyone has tried the Van Slyke Engineering Tri Orbs that have been heavily advertised I'd like to know also.

For instance I'm now using a hybrid Vibrapod sandwich which includes a set of Vibrapods (tumed for each component) a quarter inch piece of plate glass, and then Audiopoint or Mapleshade cones (I'm trying to decide between the two.) I have arrived at this combo by a couple of years of listening in a friends and my system by carefully substituting one product at a time.

Hope to hear from you all.
Steve
128x128sgr
there is no doubt that the best isolation system is a combination of mass and air suspension, tuned properly and in layers. the concept is the extreme example of a constrained layering. the mass keeps the air from influenceing the next layer.

my Rockport Sirius III turntable seems to be an excellent example of this concept. if you consider what a siesmograph does then it is easy to understand that to some degree a phono stylus acts as a siesmograph. in addition to earth movement you have low-frequency vibration thru the floor from the speakers. the Rockport starts with a 250 pound stand, has an self-leveling air suspension, then a 200 pound plinth, then an air bearing, then a 65 pound platter, then the stylus and arm, then an air bearing on the arm. only the platter, record, stylus and arm wand (not the arm assembly) have any contact during play.

the influence of air born vibration is minimized by the mass of the platter and the arm design. when you hear the result of this over the top approach it is clear that it surpasses any other approach. i think it safe to say that a turntable is the item most influenced by vibration.

is this approach practical?...maybe not....but it is the best isolation system.
I tried the sistrum rack with the encouragement of a dealer and in my opinio they are really quite awful... bright and hashy and not mention UGLY.

I have also had the opportunity to try the nuence platforms and while I find them to be OK and an improvement over nothing they pale in every regard to the Symposium products which I feel excel in every regard.

Now I won't anybody's feelings, man this is boring ... I'm going to go sit and spin on my rollerblocks
Mike, I HANG my Aleph 2 monos from the joists under the speakers in my basement! Does this meet your MASS+AIR SUSPENSION qualification?
Subaruguru, if YOU think it qualifies....then it does.

strickly speaking, whatever assembly that is holding your amps onto the ceiling (some sort of bracket or strap) would be the suspension. if they are rigidly attached....there is no isolation.....especially if the speakers are on the suspended floor above....any vibrations would travel into the amps.....which may or may not be a big deal.

btw, good idea for space efficiency and WAF effectiveness.
Chelillingworth,when you set up the Sistrum rack did you use the proper Delron insert isolators and did you load sand or lead shot in the support rods?