The Best Inexpensive Wines Available Now

I'm always on the lookout for good wines at a fair value. Ok so maybe cheap wines that taste expensive. Anyway, are there wines that you've had recently that you would consider a terrific value for the price? I personally enjoy the merlot and chardonnay from Clos du Bois which both cost about $14 in New Hampshire. To relax with a glass of either and listen to my music (classical and jazz) does make the early evening sit pleasingly well.
128x128jcbach
I recently discovered a great cheap wine: Rex Goliath (label features a picture of a 47 lb. rooster). This California Central Coast wine comes in cabernet sauv. or merlot. Both are quite good, but I think I prefer the merlot. Cost: only $5.75/bottle or so - less if one buys a case.
Nilthepill,
The Smoking Loon Merlots and Cabs (2002) are currently going for a steal at 7.01/bottle. Buy as many as you can at this price as they cellar well too. Woo wooo wooo COUGH woo woo...
The other night, I had a glass of something called Three Thieves Zinfandel at a restaurant in Chicago. I loved it. Anybody had this stuff?
Three Thieves Zinfandel '03 (1 LTR)
Price: $9.99

87 PTS WILFRED WONG. Too cute a package? Not, if the wine is this good; the '03 Three Thieves offers zesty, fresh raspberry flavors and a soft palate; perfect with grilled hamburgers and guacamole.

NICE PICK FOR $10! Surely not restaurant pricing!?

Dan