Equipment that has made you 'stop' looking?

OK we all know what a merry-go-round audio can be. For those of us who are incessant upgraders, what components have you found that either have stopped or seriously curtailed your search for better?

For me its my Audio Tekne Cables and my vintage Classe DR3 amps (25 wpc high current class A design designed by Dave Reisch in the early days of the company). My Green Mountain Audio Continuum 3s would probably fall into this category, but I would probably buy the next statement models that Roy Johnson builds sight unheard.

Kerry
musicfirst
Jadis JP80MC preamp stopped me from upgrading for over 10 years, and then the replacement was the next model up in the line, the JP200MC preamp, which I don't believe I'll ever give up till I start losing my hearing completely. Same can be said for my Forsell CD transport (until it breaks down and can't be repaired), which has been in my system for 10 years plus, and the Audio Logic DAC, which has been in my system that long as well (though it has been upgraded a few times). Also, the Day Sequerra FM Reference came into my system over 12 years ago and won't be leaving it (again, had some upgrades done rexcently, well worth it sonically) until there are no FM broadcasts to be received, and then I will probably keep it as a museum piece. Finally, the Basis Ovation turntable, a great design that I've owned about 15 years and don't have any plans to replace (again, it was upgraded to incorporate the Debut's bearing, platter and vacuum hold-down system).
I also agree with Musicfirst and Woofer15 on Green Mountain Audio and Roy Johnson. Most satisfying speakers I have encountered. IF I upgrade, it will be moving up the GMA line. No placement problems or having to sit just in the sweet spot to enjoy the music with GMA.
The Audio Note 4.1x Balanced Signature DAC and the Audion Silver Night Mk II PX25 Limited Edition amp are both search-enders, as is the Kimber KS-3038 speaker cable.
In a word "PLINIUS, sa series" 2 102s xlr monoblocks,fronts- 100mk3 surrounds,p-8 for center using splitter off of transparent ultra rca from ht processor to plinius m8 preamp, combined with mirage-YES-mirage om6s fronts ,om10s surrounds, mc2 -BIG- center ,bps 400 .1 effects bipolar sub, 2 bagend infrasubs in stereo out of plinius m8 preamp rca dual outs,all subs dialed in low using internal "ELF"[bagends seemless crossover] and nice even response in 2 channel and over the top in movie mode, lovan classic equipment racks flanking pioneers 730 hdmi 64 inch monitor, adona series amp. stands- silver 102/100mk3; has silver amp stand with white marble and my black 102 has black stand with blue pearl,kora hermes tubed dac 24/192 w/nos CV2492 cryo 1975 mullards and 1964 mullards matched pairs<: killer good,magnum dynalabs 102 triode tuner w/ remote,all transparent ultra interconnects and superbicable speakercable [fronts] along with plus bicables on center and surrounds, all feature current mm technology. various sony jukeboxes through monarchy dips and current design line cond. sequential power up ,am looking to add hydra or similar. classes ssp 300 surround processor will be FINAL component.Maybe you were looking for short easy answer but in my mutichannel/two channel world theyre just isnt one. Regards Tim W.
well i scored on peice number two,my first post was for the mcintosh xrt 22 speaker's i found.

ive had the mc1201 monoblock's for a few month's now & they are the end of the line in amplification for my rig.

now if i can find the right preamp & cdp.