Have you ever moved to improve your system

I don't mean around the room or adjusting the listening chair. Have you ever moved to a new house or apartment because it would be better for your system?

I have moved once since I found AudiogoN, but it wasn't for the sake of the listening room. I had to get out of that neighborhood.
128x128nrchy
In the last five years, I have moved from Wyoming to Hawaii, to Queens NY, to San Louis Osbisbo CA, to Bakersfield CA, back to NY, to LA, and finally to Alaska. None of the moves were to improve my system, but I have learned quite a bit about getting set-up in different size and shape rooms!

I also learned to get "full replacement value" insurance when moving.

Dave
My wife wants us to move down to the shore in a couple of years, but one of my criteria in everything we have looked at has been a room that is large enough for my system and preferably can be a dedicated listening room. Probably will have to compromise somewhere, but not at this stage.
we moved a couple of times partly because the neighboring apartment dwellers didn't appreciate our quality sound system. At one of the places that we moved into, people around the neighborhood saw us carrying in the speakers and then couldn't wait to hear the rig! The dude downstairs even used to phone us asking to turn it UP! Parties were the best though: everyone would leave their doors open just like back in the college dorms, the whole building would party together --- sometimes all weekend long.
While my last house purchase wasn't because I "needed" a better listening/living room, (A better school district topped our list), but that certainly figured in the house that we did pick out! (My wife wanted a big kitchen and I wanted a big listening/living room - we both mangaged to get our wish.)
I sincerely think that if someone has to move to improve his system, well, that person needs to take a long, long break from Audio !