Speaker Stands Filled With Kitty Litter? TRUE???

I know that speaker stands should be filled with sand or lead shot for weight, stability and providing a good base for the speaker performance.

Recently, I heard people saying stands can be filled with KITTY LITTER! Is this true? Anybody else know about this, or is it a bunch of hooey? If it's true, how does it compare to the traditional fill materials?
Thanks.
Ag insider logo xs@2x3zub
Albert, you must be talking about medical silica, that's not available to the general public without a perscription and according to the newspapers/TV stations(i trust them), they are clamping down on the states where it is legal to sell. If you have any extra, would you consider selling a nickel bag? It's been a while(what time is it?). Last time i scored some it was blackmarket, but we still had a blast in the sand. Thanks for listening. Regards,.........uh...........oh yeah, Alan
Yep, for the last three years I have been using clay-based kitty litter (pre-kitty) in my Tyler Acoustics stands for the Linbrook Monitors. Works well. Bonus: 6 months' back up for my three cats in the event of Armegeddon.
In the event of Armageddon, here's a recipe for "Kitty Litter Cake".

1 pk Spice cake mix
1 pk White cake mix
1 pk White sandwich cookies
1 sm Package instant vanilla pudding mix
12 sm Tootsie Rolls

Prepare cake mixes and bake according to directions. Prepare pudding mix and chill until ready to assemble. Crumble white sandwich cookies in small batches in blender. They tend to stick, so scrape often.

When cakes are cooled, crumble into a large bowl. Toss with half the cookie crumbs and the chilled pudding. Gently combine. Pour into a clean kitty litter box.

Put unwrapped Tootsie Rolls in a microwave safe dish two at a time and heat until soft and pliable. Shape ends so they are no longer blunt, curving slightly. Repeat until you have nine, and bury them in the mixture. Sprinkle the other half of cookie crumbs over top. Heat three more Tootsie Rolls in the microwave until almost melted. Scrape them on top of the cake and sprinkle with cookie crumbs. Serve with a new pooper scooper.

Yummy.....;0)~
We only have a used doggy pooper scooper Frank. It's pretty clean since we
hose it off every day after use. Will that do for serving? Mmmmmmmm, who
wants cake?!?!

Marco