Fuse or braker for dedicated lines?

Hi,
I'll install a sub pannel for dedicated line, and don't know which one is better fuse or breaker? How big is the wire should I use between the main pannel to the sub pannel? Will the sound be better if I use sub pannel over using the main pannel for dedicated lines?
Thanks
DT
worldcup86
I am indeed thankful to live in NZ Kelly - just a shame that our incomes here mean your US gear is very difficult to afford. My financial state could use some US-style income right now. Albert Porter's experience with getting a dedicated feed from his local utility (large transformer feeding just his house) suggests there are some local wrinkles you might look into.
I bought some ceramic fuses today to place in my amp.
System info..Carver Sunfire amp, Sony 9000ES preamp, Carver Platinum MkIV speakers and Onkyo CD player. Everything is run through a Monster 5100 power conditioner. The PC made a noticable difference for the better but thats another subject.

The Sunfire amp has three fuses. One fuse is for power and the other two fuses are for the current output source, one for each channel of the amp. The speakers are connected to the current outputs.

I swaped the fuses back and forth a couple times and at this point its inconclusive. I thought maybe there was a difference but what if any? I am going to leave them in there for while and then switch back.
Hi,
First, thanks for your all helps. Just installed 2 dedicated outlets and the sound is much better than before (much more than I expected for the cost of $300). Here are the improvements that I've noted so far.
* Dynamic and Transistion? (Music is faster. It's like I just change new battery)
* More detail, and cymbals is softer
* I can listen in the daytime without having to wait until late night
* The voices is in front a little bit not deep to the back wall like before
And here are the down side
* I hear low base that hang around the room which I didn't hear before (may need tube traps???)
* Turn the volum up to 10db (normally turn the volum -15 before, and now -5db)
* The noise from my speaker (it sounds like a storm buzz..buzz) is stll there when not playing.
I don't have a chance to test which one is better: fuse or breaker. However, I chose fuse because it's easy to pull out for cleaning.
Here is what I did
- Move all the heavy lines to one phase of main breaker
- Use the fist line of the opposite phase
- Run 60A to the sub pannel using 4AWG THHN wire
- Run two separate line (30A each) into the conduit to the outlets using 10AWG THHN wire. Grounded the conduit to the main ground, and use platic box for the outlets.
- Run ground wire from the outlets to the dedicated ground rod using there 8' copper rods deeply into the soil. The copper rods are connected in a triangle within one foot apart.
Last thing, I was lucky to found an electrician who understand the crazy things that I want him to do but within the code (he was the fifth one after I sent home the previous ones because they always aksed me why this.. why that.. I think 12AWG is enough and on..on). I'm so happy with my system now
Happy listening!
DT