Is a cheap 350 Power conditioner

better than not having a conditioner at all? Niam and Madrigal both say dedicated lines and don't use a power conditioner. I have a dedicated line. I read the treads and they either "make a world of difference" or "kill the sound." The "world of difference" seem to be attached to $1500 and above units. Whats the story?
schroedersmcj
How big of a power var is needed for a typical system? I've seen models from the 400 (above) to 1200 watts around. Their website has a whole range. Are the lower watt models quieter, etc., or does not matter?
Thanks
Thanks for the input. Audio is like baldness always another product that works miricles. I believe the "sucker born every minute" adage I just want to make sure the next minute is not mine.
I don't know--I'm only using it for my DAC. I figure that if I had another line conditioner like the Jon Risch DIY I would plug that to the Power Var and then the CDP to an outlet and the DAC to another. That would keep both devices isolated. I tried hooking my Cambridge D300SE CDP to the Power Var and the Soundstream DAC-1 to my Tice A/V Solo and the results were not as dramatic. Seems the DAC is the main offender in my system and *really* needs to stay isolated. For $55 get two--one for digital and one for analog. You can still plug the line conditioner to the Power Var--or vice versa.

It was Sedond who originally e-mailed me this link from Harmonic Discord:

http://www.harmonicdiscord.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=3754&forum=17

The original Poster, Audiojerry, emailed me that he used to have a Tice A/V Solo like I do and he likes the Power Var better for digital. Said he ordered a second unit for his analog components.

Sedond ordered one Power Var for his infamous modded ART DI/O. He should have received it by now and will email me his feedback pretty soon.

For critical line level components I would like to try one of Jon Risch's balanced power transformer designs. Risch knows what he's doing...