My first and last DIY project

It was $$, and time and it was worth it. I think?

http://home.att.net/~dragan_v/home.html
eldragon
If they sound as good as they look you must be very pleased. Care to share a few details?

Congratulatons.
Thanks, and yes i am very pleased. It took me months of learning about building enclosures and x-over parts, and many hours of trying to understand how, and why all this should work.
The 'Watt'clone is 3/4" mdf, front baffle is triple that and back two layers. Sides, back and top, lined with 1/8" lead sheet. Bottom is double that (1/4")lead. Over lead is 0.70" self adhesive bitumen pads, and 2" "egg-crate" shaped accoustic foam or sponge. Two braces strategicaly placed, to ensure maximum rigdity (North Creek speaker building broshure). After first 'smoke test' i decided against loose dacron filling (as suggested by original plan). Each weight about 50lbs.
Crossover is all best parts i could afford: 14ga Foil inductors, Ansar and AudioCap capacitors, Allen Bradley resistors, and silver plated 14ga wire from North Creek music systems. Drivers are Focal 120TDX, Seas CB17RCY, Port is 4 3/4".

Sub enclosure is 3/4" with double that front and back. Extensive bracing is used versus heavy filling and damping. Only bitumen pads were used on all sides and foam directly behind two drivers. Port is 3" ID and around 8" long. Woofers are 8" Peerless with lead and bitumen dampened basket. X-over is wired out of phase to avoid negative Bass interaction with my room.

Very dynamic and detailed and still breaking in. Soundstage is exeptional with almost every material. Bass can be boomy, but i blame that to speaker placement. They are only 17" away from the back wall. E-mail me if you have more questions.
RGDS!

Dragan